*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
Special Promotion - Buy 2 get 1 Free
Promotes system detoxification to eliminate harmful wastes and toxins
• Supports the body’s natural processes of cleansing and elimination
• Support healthy skin, coat, joints and digestive system
• Facilitate healthy energy levels and general well-being
• To naturally support regular bowels and digestive system visit Natural Moves for Pets
DetoxPlus contains the following ingredients:
Our products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
• Kelp (Fucus vesiculosis) is a sea vegetable that is a concentrated source of minerals, including iodine, potassium, magnesium, calcium, and iron. As a source of iodine, it helps to maintain the production of thyroid hormones, which are necessary for healthy metabolism in all cells of the body. Regular use will act as a tonic for skin and coat condition. (Clark CD, Bassett B, Burge MR. *Effects of kelp supplementation on thyroid function in euthyroid subjects.* Endocr Pract 2003; 9(5):363-369.) Please note: When using kelp as a therapeutic supplement, always make sure that the kelp used is sourced by a reputable and trusted company. Kelp harvested from the beach or near to the coast may be contaminated with industrial waste, sewerage, lead, mercury or other toxins. Kelp used in Native Remedies Thyroid Assist has been harvested only from uncontaminated areas and screened for the presence of toxins and contamination.
• Red Aloe (Aloe ferox) has been used as a therapeutic plant for thousands of years and has been depicted in paintings and hieroglyphics on the walls of Ancient Egyptian temples. An effective digestive tonic, regular use of Aloe ferox helps to maintain healthy bile flow, thus ensuring the breakdown of dietary fat. Aloe ferox also helps to support regular bowel movements and is also valuable for a wide range of other uses related to systemic health. (Odes HS, Madar Z. *A double-blind trial of a celandin, aloe vera and psyllium laxative preparation in adult patients with constipation*. Digestion. 1991;49(2):65-71). Aloe ferox also has documented use from more than three thousand years ago, when it was used by Indian healers to assist with weight management. Modern science has established that this succulent is rich in nutrients and modern research has shown that Aloe contains 18 amino acids as well as Vitamins A, B1, B2, B3, B6, C and E.
• Alfalfa (Medicago sativa) is rich in nutrients including calcium, magnesium, potassium and beta carotene. It is regarded as an effective systemic cleanser and also helps to support fluid balance in the body. Like Aloe ferox, Alfalfa also helps to maintain regular bowel movements.
• Burdock (Arctium lappa) is widely known as a systemic cleanser and blood purifier. Burdock is also an effective digestive tonic and helps to maintain blood sugar within normal levels. It is invaluable as a cleansing and purifying agent. Burdock is also highly regarded as a skin and joint tonic and also helps to support healthy immune systems. It has been studied for its ability to promote and support health in cells and to support routine detoxification carried out by the body. (Lin, C. C., Lu, J. M., Yang, J. J., Chuang, S. C., and Ujiie, T. *Anti-inflammatory and radical scavenge effects of Arctium lappa*. Am J Chin Med 1996;24(2):127-137.)
• Dandelion (Taraxacum officinalis) is known to contain bitter principles which have a beneficial effect on the liver and digestive system. Dandelion is also a rich source of vitamins and minerals, including Vitamin A, D, C, various B Vitamins, iron, lecithin, silicon, potassium, magnesium, zinc and manganese. It supports healthy liver and gall bladder functioning as well as fluid balance. Dandelion supports the routine excretion of retained water and is also considered to be an excellent cleansing tonic for the liver. Studies have investigated this herb for its ability to support urine production and excretion. (Rácz-Kotilla E, Rácz G, Solomon A. *The action of Taraxacum officinale extracts on the body weight and diuresis of laboratory animals.* Planta Med. 1974 Nov; 26(3):212-7.)
DetoxPlus comes in convenient capsule form and may be swallowed whole by larger dogs. However, most owners find that it is easier and more convenient to open the capsule and mix the contents with wet food or a small treat.
This prevents stress to both pet and owner! Cats especially hate to have medicine forced down their throats and will happily eat the dried herb when it is mixed with a little fish or meat.
A three week course is recommended and can be repeated as necessary.