*The store has not been updated recently. You may want to contact the merchant to confirm the availability of the product.
Special Promotion - Buy 2 get 1 Free
Promotes healthy energy levels and vitality, including aging pets
Energy Tonic Benefits:
• Supports healthy energy levels in dogs and cats, including older pets
• Supports blood circulation and oxygen flow throughout the body
• Supports feelings of well-being
• To support healthy liver and immune function visit Immunity and Liver Support
What is Energy Tonic?
Energy Tonic capsules contain a unique combination of Chinese, Indian and European therapeutic herbs especially chosen for their energy-supporting properties, as well as their positive effect on systemic health.
This remedy is particularly useful for pets that appear sluggish, bored, listless or disinterested in life. Energy Tonic also helps to support vitality and health in older pets.
Energy Tonic contains the following ingredients:
Our products are not tested on animals and individual ingredients are well-researched and are natural, safe and effective.
• Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosis) is a botanical cousin of Panax ginseng. This herb has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years to support the vital energy of the body and to sustain physical and mental performance and endurance. Recent research has clinically supported this traditional wisdom. In a recent study Siberian ginseng was shown to support stamina and fitness. (Szolomicki J, Samochowiec L, Wojcicki J, Drozdzik M, Szolomicki S. *The influence of active components of Eleutherococcus senticosus on cellular defence and physical fitness in man*. Phytother Res. 2000 Feb; 14(1): 30-5). (Hartz AJ, Bentler S, Noyes R, et al. *Randomized controlled trial of Siberian ginseng for chronic fatigue*. Psychol Med. 2004; 34(1):51-61). In addition, Eleutherococcus senticosis has been researched for tonic effects on the immune system and healthy energy levels. (See DM, Broumand N, Sahl L, Tilles JG. *In vitro effects of echinacea and ginseng on natural killer and antibody-dependent cell cytotoxicity in healthy subjects and chronic fatigue syndrome or acquired immunodeficiency syndrome patients*. Immunopharmacology. 35.3 (1997): 229-235).
• Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is well-known as an all round tonic and energizer and helps to support healthy circulation. Studies have also suggested that Rosemary can help to maintain healthy cerebral blood flow (CBF). (Pointel JP, Boccalon H, Cloarec M, Ledevehat C, Joubert M. Angiology 1987;38(1 Pt 1):46-50). (Ho CT, Wang M, Wei GJ, Huang TC, Huang MT. *Chemistry and anti-oxidative factors in rosemary and sage*. Biofactors, 2000;13(1-4):161-166).
• Spirulina (Arthrospira platenis) is a single celled micro-organism found in the sea and is commonly used as a source of chlorophyll. Widely used for its nutritive properties, Spirulina contains protein, vitamins (including B12 and folic acid) and carotenoids. This sea algae has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine for thousands of years as a tonic to sustain energy, support liver functioning, immune functioning and all round systemic health.
• Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) is a well respected Ayurvedic rejuvenating tonic which helps to support healthy energy levels, well-being and health in all ages, including in the elderly. This herb is also a good source of vitamin C.
• Rice Powder (inactive ingredient)
The capsules may be given whole or opened and mixed with food or a treat, depending on your pets size and preferences
While conventional medicine works by often treating the symptoms in your pet, natural medicine strives to create holistic balance in their body to support systemic health, relieve ailments, and help prevent future disease. Unlike pharmaceutical drugs, the natural ingredients in our remedies support the overall health and functioning in your pet, rather than just suppressing symptoms.
Pets respond to natural medicine in different ways, some pets experience immediate results while many other pet owners have reported optimal benefits taking effect in their pets within 3-6 weeks. To ensure your pet receives optimum results it is important to administer natural remedies as directed and remain consistent. You may also find that a smaller maintenance dose is beneficial for ongoing support, many pets take a regular maintenance dose as part of a preventative program for continued health and well-being.
Safety during pregnancy and nursing has not yet been established.